Friday, December 25, 2009

The Christmas PRESENT

Steven called Christmas morning. Both Austen and I got to talk to him. He also called Amber and Doug. Hearing his voice was incredible. The call dropped once but he called back.Thank goodness! He had just gotten back from a 2 day "adventure" (my word) and seemed to feel he might get some much needed rest. The mom in me could hear the weariness in his voice. He loves the letters and packages. I completely forgot to ask if there was anything he needed - oops. I'm sure he would have mentioned something specific. He will be writing a letter for me to read to all the Steele Canyon students who wrote to him. He appreciated the outpouring of kindness. I started to cry when I was talking to him but I knew that our time was precious so I sucked it up and then let it out after we hung up. I think it was a combination of relief and wishing he could come home. Remember you can send a motomail letter or snail mail. If you need the addresses just email me at flipperjwl@aol.com.
Merry Merry Christmas,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment