Saturday, March 27, 2010

A call and a letter

Steven called Amber last night and said he was doing fine and NOT to watch the news. I know why. I also got a letter today dated 2-24. He sounded good and was happy to have received a package with paper and pens because he was running out! Can't have that!
He always sounds good. I'd talk about the details of all the funny things he puts in his letters but there are sickos out in the world who are contacting families with specific information pretending to be from the Red Cross. The thought is they get personal info from blogs and such so I keep it very non-specific for a reason. A friend I met on Facebook,(another marine mom), was the victim of one of those calls. They told her that her husband had been injured...luckily she knew enough to check it out. Now the FBI is on this. Unbelievable. Anyway. All that matters is that Steven is doing ok and we have heard from him. I know letters and packages from home mean a lot to him.
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment