Friday, January 15, 2010

Music added

I chose these songs because they all have meaning to me with Steven. I always sang "You are My Sunshine" to him when I put him to bed and he would interject "when the skies are grey". It was a nightly routine for many years. "I'll Stand By You" represents the support I will continue to give Steven. When he was talking about becoming a Marine I was beside myself and I did try to talk him out of it. As time passed and he demonstrated his thoughtful commitment to the service, I knew my only course of action was total support.Now the ONLY job I have as a mother is unconditional love and support for him. "God Bless The USA" speaks for itself.
I received another short letter and those always make my days a little brighter while he's away. But when I'm cold, I think of how cold he must be, and he has mentioned it! When I eat I think of how good a home cooked meal will taste to him (I can send out for one of those - haha). When I get cozy in my bed I know how that top bunk must really feel good at the end of a long day, but nothing compared to his own bed at home. I know he can't wait to come home and yet, there will be challenges in the transition. I just want to be able to call my son whenever I feel like it! I want to hug him tight and rub his head and scratch his back...like mom's do. I want the brothers to be able to hang out and laugh together. I want my baby home!
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment